[mythtv-users] Still no playback...

Andrea Giuliano sarkiaponius at alice.it
Sat Apr 18 10:00:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

some weeks ago I stopped seeing any playback from MythTV without any
reason, apparently. All I got is a black screen, though sometimes a
"flash" appears on the screen, but no part of a recording is seen.

In the meanwhile, I even removed MythTV, the database and every other
component related to MytvTV, reinstalled everything (except the
operating system), but without any improvement.

I can record perfectly everything I want from the DVB-S card, and I can
watch recording with Totem or MPlayer, but not with MythTV itself.

Audio during the playback of a recording works every now and then: some
seconds of perfect sound followed by some seconds of perfect silence,
and so on.

Last but not least: the preview window shows the selected recording
(with no audio, clearly) perfectly fine, at least for some minutes (I
never watched an entire recording in the preview window).

I've been watching recordings and video with MythTV for a couple of
years with exactly the same hardware I have now. Also, I upgraded to
Debian Lenny several months before this problem.

I will try to post any log or configuration files that could be useful.

Thanks in advance.

--
Andrea