[mythtv-users] Nvidia card temps

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:41:52 UTC 2009

Just to add my 5 cents regarding video cards, I have a passively
cooled Asus brand 8400gs, and nvidia-settings claims the temp is 60C
even though the heatsink feels cool to my touch, must be poor coupling
between core and heatsink.

I like the asus because the fins are cut to allow convection cooling
with the card horizontal or vertical, it also has a spdif header on it
for hdmi audio passthrough.  using an old cd-audio cable and an open
spdif output on my system board (right next to the video card slot
infact), I now have passthrough working intermittently!  I think my TV
is picky about the audio format it is being fed, and refuses to decode
some things.

-Gordon