[mythtv-users] "not listed" in schedule

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 17 17:11:51 UTC 2009

On 04/17/2009 12:34 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
>
>> At 7:26 PM -0700 4/14/09, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>>
>>> I did, though strangely it was already recording reruns on other days, so
>>> there must have been another rule that was already doing this, that for some
>>> reason didn't record the Monday 9pm showing.
>> Personally, I find the best way to get Myth to not record old episodes
>> (like ones that are in syndication) is to use "record at any time" but set
>> the option to "only record new episodes". That way, if new episodes of the
>> program are shown on a different night than normal, they do get recorded.
>>
> Right, but my point was that I already had a "record at any time" rule, but
> it failed to record a showing, apparently because there was also a "record
> in this timeslot" rule for the same show, and the latter rule failed with
> "not listed".

Yes, there is an order*** in which the rules are applied and once a rule
matches, /it/ will handle the episode.  So, since your timeslot
recording rule was applied first (as timeslot rules are applied earlier
than any time rules to allow you to record all episodes at "Low
Quality", for example, but record the episode in a specific timeslot at
"High Quality"), it prevented the "any time" rule from recording it.

Mike

***That's a complex-enough order, I don't feel like describing it in
detail.  Fortunately, section 12 of the HOWTO does it for me:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html (whole section--meaning
all the way through 12.6, inclusive).