[mythtv-users] mythbackend stops responding with HDPVR

Harley Peters harley at thepetersclan.net
Fri Apr 17 16:02:56 UTC 2009

Have you tried applying the DeviceReadBuffer patch at
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5604

For me the hdpvr is completely useless without this patch.
The problem is any significant video are audio corruption causes the
hdpvr to stop recording and mythtv still thinks it is.
The patch basically restarts the hdpvr when this happens leaving only a
small glitch in the video.
This is really a bug in the hdpvr but since Hauppauge doesn't seem to
be interested in fixing it I don't know why the patch hasn't been
mergeed into trunk.