[mythtv-users] Capturing a ASX stream over the internet

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Fri Apr 17 14:27:34 UTC 2009

Hello,

A group asked me to help them setup a PC to watch and capture an ASX
stream over the internet for a conference next week. After talking with
them about how they want to view the stream on one PC in the main room
and possibly several other PC's in smaller rooms, I have come to the
conclusion that MythTV would be perfect. One backend to capture the
stream and then however many frontends they need (and that the network
could handle) can be setup easily. Especially if I can use the Myth
interface, then this is going to be a cakewalk.

The problem is I don't know how to get Myth to capture an ASX stream.

I know that there are various plugins that have been discussed for
streaming sites (like youtube) but I don't know if they can capture an
ASX stream. Can someone help point me to one that might work for an ASX
stream? My Google-fu didn't turn up anything I found useful (just a lot
about streaming /from/ mythweb).

Just incase it matters, the site that is hosting the event is
http://www.townhallforhope.com .

Thanks,
~Stack~