[mythtv-users] mythbackend stops responding with HDPVR

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:51:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM, P S <guierrmo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I received an HDPVR as a gift and have been holding onto it for a few
> months waiting for Trunk to stabilize more.
> . . .
> I come back in a few hours to see that mythweb will not respond.  I
> look at the backend log and all that seems to be running is the
> autoexpire jobs.  I restart the backend and it will start recording
> again, only to stop a few hours later again.

I can't offer much help yet.  But I will confirm that I see very
similar behavior with my HD-PVR (running SVN trunk, ubuntu 8.10).

When the backend is in the locked state, power cycling the HD-PVR
usually clears the problem.  Like you said it seems like the the
HD-PVR and mythbackend don't agree on their current status.