[mythtv-users] Am I nuts going for Mythbuntu 9.04 on a ViaSP13000 system?

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Thu Apr 16 16:50:32 UTC 2009

Johnny wrote:
> Well if you don't upgrade very often because things tend to break then
> you definitely don't want to upgrade to 9.04 right before/after it is
> released. The probability of something breaking is highest precisely
> at this point. It defeats the whole point of updating infrequently.
> You are better off upgrading to mythbuntu 8.10 or waiting a few months
> to be more sure that everything is working smoothly on 9.04 with
> mythtv. Any response you get now about Jaunty will just be anecdotal
> as there just aren't that many people using it, and even fewer with
> VIA hardware. Just an example, I know that there was some bug that was
> causing the frontend to seg fault for some users a few weeks ago with
> Jaunty.

Here's my anecdote...  Running Jaunty on my mythv21fixes backend for over a
month now (since alpha 4?  5?  I forget).  No problems with myth, but I did
have a slight glitch on my raid array that I filed a bug for.

Other than that, been smooth sailing as far as myth is concerned.  (I'm not
using via hardware, though.)

(amd64, in case it matters.  I needed more than 3GB RAM!)