[mythtv-users] Why has no one implemented subtext commercial filtering?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:32:54 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/16 Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18 at hotmail.com>:
> Now is that right for you to have such an attitude?

As much as I dislike Robert's view on the world with some people
better than others ; and how developing MythTV is a way to ultimate
enlightenment when *maybe*, one day a mythtv core developer will bless
you by accepting your patch ;

he has properly highlighted two fundamental flaws in your idea.

For a start HDCP is irrelevant; as Robert stated twice , HDCP is just
an encrypted path between the video card and the display.

The video you get from the source like a TV tuners isn't HDCP
encrypted; it's not like you're watching a movie, it's encrypted via
HDCP then you get an ad, and suddenly HDCP disappear.

Have a read of what HDCP is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdcp

Finally, with the subtitles ; all the ads I've seen have subtitles....

Jean-Yves