[mythtv-users] OT: Webcam as "security" cam

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 03:58:12 UTC 2009

2009/4/15 Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com>:
> Thanks a bunch for the suggestions fellas. I was checking the ZM Wiki, and I
> saw on the Supported Hardware list that my PVR-150 is supported. How would I
> use that, though? It's not a camera or anything, just a capture card, how
> would that work? (I'm very new at this...).

You need to remove the input from your mythtv configuration to start
with - zoneminder will need to own this device.

Install zoneminder and follw the instructions off of the site for
setting it up. There is a pdf to walk you through it from memory.

I have used zoneminder before and found it very good but had to remove
the software as the capture card does not fit in my current case
(small form factor). I have not played with the myth integration side
of things.

Cheers

Phil