[mythtv-users] xorg-server-1.5 & Intel driver causing mythfrontend to segfault

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:07:25 UTC 2009

Hi,
   This isn't a Myth problem, or I don't think it is at this time.
However after updating xorg-x11 to the newest stable version on Gentoo
a certain machine here then anytime I try to watch Live TV or playback
a recorded program mythfrontend segfault and crashes X completely
dumping me back to the gdm login screen. Looking at Xorg.0.log.old
shows the message

(EE) intel(0): Failed to pin xv buffer

   Apparently others are seeing this problem with the Intel driver on
other apps such as mplayer.

   My questions are:

1) What 'xv'?

2) Can I run mythfrontend without it, even with reduced performance to
test the theory?

Thanks,
Mark