[mythtv-users] Bulk-updating myth-video

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:40:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've picked up a vodcast(or whatever) and want to add it to mythvideo(the
> files that where downloaded). That's something easy to do, I also want
> however to assign it a different category so that it doesn't show up with
> the rest of the collection. I currently use categories for that, however
> with 100+ files that gets a bit tedious. Does anybody know how to manually
> change this in mysql?
>
> The filenames all start with hwi and the category I like to assign is
> HWI(already made that category).
>
> Does anyone have a sql-line which would do the trick or advise me a script
> to do this(interactively)?
>
> Thanks in advance,

something like

select * from videocategory where category = 'HWI'

note the intid for that category, it will be an integer, say its 200

UPDATE videometadata SET category = 200 WHERE title like 'hwi%' ;

There will be a way to do this without manually noting down the
category number, but I don't know the exact syntax.

Please do any of this AFTER you have backed up your database, I am
certainly no expert.