[mythtv-users] MythTV Jobs and Card ID

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 14 03:15:27 UTC 2009

    > Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:40:07 -0400
    > From: Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>

    > If you test this, I think you'll find that %CARDID% is always 0.
    > We don't store the cardid that a recording was made on in the database,
    > ProgramInfo::cardid is used mainly by the scheduler for scheduling
    > recordings.

Is there some reason for this, btw?  Users often complain that they'd
like to know what tuner recorded something, generally for debugging
purposes, and having to keep all logs far enough back to answer that
question (and have the right logging turned on in the first place)
can be onerous.  It seems that adding a column to oldrecorded (for
instance) to remember this could be quite handy---I know I've often
had to go back and figure this out the hard way when debugging certain
issues.