[mythtv-users] First Nvidia Ion box - Acer Aspire Revo prices revealed

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:41:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Gerald Schepens <schepens at shaw.ca> wrote:
> But would it make a decent frontend?  Would it run mythtv?  (I can't see
> why not.)
>
> My TV is an HDTV but it's a tube without a VGA input.  Maybe not for me.
> Looks cool tho!

You need to check out the rest of the thread. This is based on a the
new Nvidia ION platform which combines an Atom processor with
essentially a 9400M GPU. It will be capable of doing 1080p with VDPAU
and has hdmi out. So barring some unknown issue with the hardware or
drivers, this and the the other soon to be released ION devices should
all make very nice frontends.