[mythtv-users] myth creating DVD ISOs that can only be read by one front end

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Sun Apr 12 18:30:24 UTC 2009

I'm trying to rip some of my DVDs using mythTV.  I put the disc in the myth
frontend, I go to the optical discs menu, and I select rip, select what I
want and a few minutes later I have a hot steaming ISO in the videos
directory.

So far so good.  If I then play that ISO on that frontend, everything looks
and works great.  But the problem is that NO other front end can play that
file!
If I go to either of my other front ends, I get extreme video corruption
when playing back the file.  (example:
www.pinballmafia.net/temp/myth_dvd.png )

I also tried copying the ISO file to a windows machine, extracting the VOBs
out of it, and playing those.  Same result -- extreme video corruption.

What gives?  What am I doing wrong here?  (I've tried this on multiple DVDs
with the same results, for what it's worth.)  I'm stumped because the front
end that created the ISO can play it fine, just none of my other front ends.

Thanks in advance!

The front-end version that's creating the goofy "can only play on the
original machine" ISOs:

MythTV Version   : 18207
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1