[mythtv-users] HDHR working but channel mapping is incorrect

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Apr 12 04:12:37 UTC 2009

Short answer to your question: You are confusing callsigns (which are
filed with the FCC) with what stations and channels call themselves
(which can be pretty much anything) when not using callsigns.

Now, the longer answer:

Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> says:
> 2.1 - KTVU-HD
> 2.2 is a Spanish station that says LATV in the upper right.

This is correct; see
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTVU#Virtual%20channels>.

> 4.1 doesn't tune
> 4.2 is KRON-HD

4.1 is the standard-definition version of 4.2. Don't bother with it if
you can't get it.

> 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 don't tune

Not accessible from Los Gatos given your location and antenna, which
is unsurprising given KVIE is in Sacramento.

> 8.1, 8.2 don't tune

KSBW is the NBC affiliate in Monterey. I presume you get 11.1; with it
there shouldn't be a need to get KSBW unless you are dying to watch
Monterey-area local news.

> 9.2 says Encore but seems to be KTEH-HD, the local PBS in San Jose but
> without the same ads...

KQED merged with KTEH and broadcasts it on one of its subchannels.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array