[mythtv-users] live-tv

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Apr 12 03:31:21 UTC 2009

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Steinke
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 9:11 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] live-tv

Greetings!

What happens if someone forgets to shutdown a frontend and its on live tv.
Does it just stay connected to the backend buffering data to the disks?
Wouldn't this be hard on the disks on the backend if this were a common
occurence. Is their a way to have it go back to the menu and/or shut itself
down after a specified time?

I know it seems like a silly question I hope not too silly :)

Yes, that is exactly what would happen.

I ran into this problem when I lived at home with my parents. Being the kid
with no real expenses my earnings from my part time job bought the HDTV. And
I hooked it up to my Myth box.

They would watch TV when I was not home and "shut it off" via the power
button assuming that doing so also turned off live tv. I came home once from
a weekend trip with like 24 hours + of recordings.

One thing you could do, if you have a universal remote from someone like
Logitech is program the off button to also send a signal to exit live tv.
However, if you are not on live tv when shutting it off this may cause other
problems.

Marc