[mythtv-users] HDHR working but channel mapping is incorrect

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 01:59:27 UTC 2009

Hi,
   OK, today I finally got around to bringing up the HDHR I bought a
couple of months ago but haven't had time to work with. I'm attempting
to follow instructions here::

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun#North_America_Digital_Cable

   Recording works and both the picture and audio are good but it
seems that channel numbering is very wrong and I'm unclear how to
proceed.

   Here is a portion of what I see at SchedulesDirect for my digital line-up:

2-1KTVUDT	2-2KTVUDT2
4-1KRONDT	4-2KRONDT2
5-1KPIXDT
6-1KVIEDT	6-2KVIEDT2	6-3KVIEDT3
7-1KGODT        7-2KGODT2	7-3KGODT3
8-1KSBWDT	8-2KSBWDT2
9-1KQEDDT	9-2KQEDDT2	9-3KQEDDT3
10-1KXTVDT	10-2KXTVDT2
11-1KNTVDT	11-2KNTVDT2    11-3KNTVDT3
13-1KOVRDT	13-2KOVRDT2
14-1KDTVDT
20-1KOFYDT	20-4KOFYDT4
25-1KQETDT	25-2KQETDT2	25-3KQETDT3	25-4KQETDT4	25-5KQETDT5

   When I Watch Live TV and tune by hand I get a few that are right
most are wrong:

2.1 - KTVU-HD
2.2 is a Spanish station that says LATV in the upper right.
4.1 doesn't tune
4.2 is KRON-HD
5.1 is KPIX-HD
6.1, 6.2, 6.3 don't tune
7.1 is KGO-DT
7.2 is KGO-New
7.3 is KGO Weather
8.1, 8.2 don't tune
9.1 is KQED-HD in S.F.
9.2 says Encore but seems to be KTEH-HD, the local PBS in San Jose but
without the same ads...
9.3 doesn't tune

   Anyways, it's all very strange and certainly not correct. I'm sure
this probably isn't enough info to get a single answer to fix the
problem but maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark