[mythtv-users] CPU & CPU Temp

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Apr 12 00:38:53 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/4/12 Mr. Vining <myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com>:
>
>> My only other question is does full HDMI support include 1080p
>> and analog audio?

HDMI is a completely digital interface.  No amount of HDMI support has
any bearing on analog audio.

> Of course.
> Any HDMI or DVI port can do up to 1920x1200...

The bandwidth limits on the (single-link) DVI and (1.0-1.2) HDMI specs
limit to a little better than 1920x1200 at 60hz, but that does not mean
that you cant run higher resolution at lower framerate, or that your
output device has to be able to run at full bandwidth.  My laptop will
only do 1024x768.  I have an older video card that will only do
1280x1024.  My KVM switch will only do 1600x1200.  While it may be true
that any VDPAU capable card can do 1920x1200p60 digitally, saying that
any DVI/HDMI output can is wrong.