[mythtv-users] HD-PVR SPDIF audio trashed at beginning of recordings

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Sat Apr 11 14:38:55 UTC 2009

I found that if I used the slower channel change over firewire command:

mythchanger -f 7 -c

and added a 1 second sleep after that channel change that the noise
disappeared.

But.... I get a new but more pleasant side effect: The audio will appear
immediately in the recording and then disappear about a second or two
into the recording and then begin again at the next scene change always
within 3 to 10 seconds, which appears to be the next keyframe.

Thank you John for the info and insight.

JS.

--
==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04