[mythtv-users] rescanning new comcast QAM256 channels (old analog) with hdhomerun

Mr. Vining myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com
Sat Apr 11 01:42:07 UTC 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 7:44 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> So, I was looking at switching my setup to change my analog
> channels to the
> hdhomerun equivalent.
>
> I went to
> http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui/US:95014
> and it shows some of my analog channels are in the 78-x and 107-y
> ranges.
>
> Problem is that when I rescanned with hdhomerun in mythtv-setup, it
> picked
> up a few extra channels, but not the ones I needed.
> Yet, I do receive the 78-x and 107-y channels on my QAM capable TV.
>
> I'm not too sure why the hdhomerun scan skipped those.
> Is there a way to force hdhomerun to scan a channel that hasn't
> been picked
> up by the scan?
>
> Have others had the same problem?
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

I've had that issue a few times, the default is not "full scan".
Make sure when you set up the scan to do a full scan, and cable, and
qam256, but mostly the full scan is what I miss anyway.  Also for the
heck of it, you might want to try scanning qam64.  Here in MN when we
first rolled out digial we weren't using qam256, but i would think
they have moved to qam256 across the board by now.  Might be worth a
try.