[mythtv-users] CPU & CPU Temp

Mr. Vining myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com
Sat Apr 11 00:50:09 UTC 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:

> umm no point of spending a $100 on video card...
>
> Get this one.  almost a third the price and its still 100% capable
> of any linux tec (VDPAU)
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127342

Well now I'm torn...  I was searching for a min of 64 pixels shaders,
partly cuz I'm just overkill like that and partly cuz I was crossing
my fingers in hopes that VDPAU would support picture-in-picture soon
(was told it doesn't as of right now, haven't really looked into
it).  Ultimately I want to be able to rip some of my Blu-rays so I
can just hit up the menu and watch them without having to get up (I'm
disabled and sometimes getting up is a big deal). I just want to make
sure I'll be able to use some pretty high compression and still have
enough head room left over during playback to do jumping jacks.  My
biggest issue is that if I end up having to buy a 2nd one because the
first wasn't quite good enough my WAF drops like a rock... even if
the two of them are cheeper then buying one big one. I'm not saying
it's logical, it's just what I have to deal with. LOL