[mythtv-users] Switch video mode based on source fps???

Martin Long (myth) mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 22:28:31 UTC 2009

Is there any way to get myth switching video modes based on the source fps
of the video?

I live in the UK, and broadcast stuff looks best at 50hz, obviously.
However, when I put on a US series there is terrible jerking. If I switch
the display (using nvidia-settings) to 60Hz, then it looks perfect. However,
I don't really fancy getting the wife to open an X session to set the
display.

I know myth will switch to a source resolution, but what about frequency?