[mythtv-users] myth.find_orphans.pl , why did I ? sob....

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Apr 8 10:56:32 UTC 2009

Paul wrote:
> Would you believe I ran the script again thinking that it would say all
> was well, but it still threw up errors, and wanted to delete what I had
> recorded today !
>
> Do I just leave well enough alone? It is starting to bother me as I am
> sure database is corrupt. And no, I do not have a backup, did have but
> that is another story.

If you have multiple backends, the current script doesn't work properly,
it either reports errors when there aren't any, or fails to report actual
errors.

I would strongly recommend in the future that you initially run the script
in report-only mode (the default with no parameters passed), and only once
you are sure do you re-run with any of the do-delete options specified -
I'm sure you've worked this out by now :-)
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts