[mythtv-users] myth.find_orphans.pl , why did I ? sob....

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:31:44 UTC 2009

> foremost is an option to do that, if there isn't new data written to the
> partition, changes are you'll get it back. To 'avoid' future fragmentation
> add allocsize=1024m in your mount statement in fstab, and a regualar
> xfs_fsr, which will be very fast done, when above statement is added.

Good points. My drive had large allocsize and was defragged nightly.
Even so all of my recordings were mpeg2 files and I couldn't find any
way to search for mpeg2 files. There are programs that will grab
jpegs, word documents, etc. But I couldn't find anything that could
identify mythtv recordings from raw hdd data.