[mythtv-users] VDPAU Playback Profile?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:24:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Deyan <mythtv at bektchiev.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> unfortunately, those profiles wouldn't show up if you were upgrading
>>> from a standard mythtv installation (which I assume is what everyone
>>> is doing).
>>>
>>> the various profiles are created during the first run of mythtv not later.
>>

>> I think that it was mentioned on this list before that if you delete
>> all of your profiles, then the next time you enter the screen (or
>> restart the frontend, I don't remember exactly) the default profiles
>> would be created.
>>

> Unfortunately, the wiki page has little info (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles ), but would it be
> possible to at least create a script of some sort to create the VDPAU
> Playback Profile and set it is the currently used one? If I knew
> where/how the information was stored, then I would look into doing
> this myself, but I haven't been able to find any info on where MythTV
> stores this data.
> Dave

There is information telling individuals to create a VDPAU profile
manually on the VDPAU wiki page:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Display_Profiles. It is pretty easy to
setup the profile, it hardly seems worth scripting it. You just have
to pick VDPAU from two dropdown lists. Also one of the main selling
points for VDPAU isn't just the hardware decoder, but also the
de-interlacers. Not all cards can do all of the de-interlacers. So it
would probably be necessary to make VDPAU High and VDPAU Low profiles.
Either way people will likely need to go in and adjust the
de-interlacers for their particular system. But I suppose it would be
nice to have a couple of predefined profiles in there to start with.