[mythtv-users] Some advance questions about DVB-T in Switzerland / FreeSat from UK

Alessandro alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:42:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I've been doing some research about setting up my MythTV box when I
eventually move out to Basel region in Switzerland later this year.
(I'm an Australian with Italian passport who lives in the UK who met a
French girl who now lives in Basel !! Aie aie aie - the things we do
for women!! ;-)

Anyway - wanting to see if anyone else in Switzerland/French/German
borders is a UK ex-pat and has a similar setup to what I am thinking
of doing.

I am thinking of using my existing NOVA T-500 dual DVB-T to tune,
receive and record the local received Digital TV broadcasts (not sure
what EPG data I can use - xmltv perhaps)

and

I would like to use the Hauppauge Win-TV NOVA-S USB to tune, receive
and record the FreeSat Sky broadcast of the UK freeview channels (BBC,
4, ITV etc).
(Using the RadioTimes XML feed for these channels (as I currently do
now in the UK on DVB-T - works really well)

Is there anyone else in the region with a similar setup, that has had
success with this?
I would assume it should be ok as the two tuners would not have any
cross-over in channels, and both DVB-T and DVB-S on the one backend
are fully supported?

(I will use a dish, with Dual band LNB and the NOVA-S USB external (no
slots left for internal card) for the FreeSat from Sky channels.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again...