[mythtv-users] Ripped DVD recordings have skips

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:13:31 UTC 2009

> I am surprised that if AnyDVD is capable of dealing with this that linux
> isn't.  Is this complicated way computable with Myth?  That is the whole
> point, otherwise I could just put the disk in the DVD and play it.  Ripping
> gives me a video jukebox which is what I want.  Do you have any useful links
> on the subject?
>
> Allen

The only place I've ever found that was remotely useful was:

forum.doom9.org

They have a Linux sub-forum where you can read/ask about Linux based DVD
ripping.  But keep in mind, that forum is only for legally purchased DVDs.
Plus, I don't know how much Isaac likes having this type of discussion on
his mailing list.