[mythtv-users] xvid, nuvexport and ffmpeg pink and purple spots

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:40:00 UTC 2009

Every myth recording that I try to export to XVid using nuvexport
(transcode or ffmpeg -- mencoder doesn't work at all) results in a video
file that plays back with pinkish purple square spots all over the
video.  I recompiled xvidcore shared libraries from the latest source
but still have this problem.  Does anyone know what's going on here?  If
I nuvexport to ipod mp4 file it seems to work fine.

I found stuff on this in google from years ago, and it said just get a
newer version of the xvid libraries.  But I have the latest.

My source files are mpg (not .nuv) from an HD Homerun.