[mythtv-users] How to use tmdb.pl with MythVideo/MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 6 16:55:02 UTC 2009

On 04/06/2009 06:50 AM, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 21:49 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Looking at your other message, I now realize that wasn't the issue...
>> The -M was the one that got changed (as your diff shows), but yours
>> failed on -D.
>>
>> That probably means that the movie you're looking up /is/ in themoviedb.org:
>>
>>>  2009-04-05 15:45:12.363 GetVideoList returned 1 possible matches
>>>
>> but the IMDB reference number is not.
>>
> I tried a half dozen and they all failed. Then I tried from the command
> line and it worked.
>
> athlon:scripts > tmdb.pl -M "21 grams"
> 0315733:21 Grams (2003)
> athlon:scripts > tmdb.pl -D 0315733
> Title:21 Grams

In that case, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.  If, as
mentioned in an earlier post, MythVideo actually calls tmdb.pl -D but
passes no inetref, the only guess I can come up with as to why MythVideo
is broken is the "M" in your revision number.

If you've applied some of the patches that Robert McNamara wrote for the
metadata grabbing for TV series, etc., then removed them or updated or
something, it might have gotten broken.

I can say that it's working for others using trunk (including
Robert--who has used it with his current patches).

Also, just to be sure, check your MythVideo grabber command lines
settings to make sure they look right (especially the data one--with -D).

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.  Good luck tracking it down.

Mike