[mythtv-users] New deinterlacer for perfect image quality when using an interlaced display, mode that matches the source

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:29:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> 2009/4/6 Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>:
>>>
>>> Thinking about this a bit more, an easy slip that would cause this
>>> would be to hardwire the "field" flag - present on trunk, but not
>>> on fixes - to a fixed value. Instead "dirty" can be used in place
>>> of the field flag.
>>
>> Does Mark version work for you ?
>> Or should I revert to your previous patch ?
>
> It works for me, but only after two build fixes. There's the
> ConstFilterInfo => FilterInfo one, but also FieldorderDeint
> needs changing to accoung for filters taking only two arguments
> on fixes, rather than the three on trunk. Here's the version
> I'm using:
>
> +static int FieldorderDeint (VideoFilter * f, VideoFrame * frame)
> +{
> +    ThisFilter *filter = (ThisFilter *) f;
> +    TF_VARS;
> +
> +    AllocFilter(filter, frame->width, frame->height);
> +
> +    int dirty = 1;
> +    if (filter->last_framenr != frame->frameNumber)
> +    {
> +        if (filter->last_framenr != (frame->frameNumber - 1))
> +        {
> +            memset(filter->got_frames, 0, sizeof(filter->got_frames));
> +        }
> +        store_ref(filter, frame->buf,  frame->offsets,
> +                  frame->pitches, frame->width, frame->height);
> +        dirty = 0;
> +    }
> +
> +    filter_func(
> +        filter, frame->buf, frame->offsets, frame->pitches,
> +        frame->width, frame->height, dirty, frame->top_field_first,
> +        dirty);
> +
> +    filter->last_framenr = frame->frameNumber;
> +
> +    return 0;
> +}
>
> Note "dirty" appearing twice in the arguments to filter_func.
>
> Cheers,
>        Paul.

Wow...I'm confused here.  Yesterday I was running for a while using
the mythtv-0.21-field-order.6.patch, which seems to have everything
you're referring to, and I swear the motion just didn't look right at
all.  I went back to the original patch.

I can't believe I was just seeing things.  Maybe I'll try again.

Tom