[mythtv-users] Quicktime 1080p mov files smoother than 720p mkv (Debian)

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 11:45:18 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 11:45 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:

> >> Do you have the NVidia drivers installed and configured in xorg? Check.
> >>
> >> $ glxinfo | grep rendering
> >> direct rendering: Yes
> >>

> > More importantly, is XVideo working.  Run
> >
> >       xdpyinfo | grep extensions -A`xdpyinfo | grep extensions | awk '{
> > print $4}'`
> >
> > to list all currently loaded X extensions, and make sure 'XVideo' is in that
> > list
>
> xvinfo is easier to type :)

mythtv-debian:~# glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes
    GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_direct_state_access,
mythtv-debian:~# xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "NV17 Video Texture"
    number of ports: 32
    port base: 283
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 24, visualID 0x21
      depth 24, visualID 0x24
      depth 24, visualID 0x25
      depth 24, visualID 0x26
      depth 24, visualID 0x27
      depth 24, visualID 0x28
      depth 24, visualID 0x29
      depth 24, visualID 0x2a
      depth 24, visualID 0x2b
      depth 24, visualID 0x2c
      depth 24, visualID 0x2d
      depth 24, visualID 0x2e
      depth 24, visualID 0x2f
      depth 24, visualID 0x30
      depth 24, visualID 0x31
      depth 24, visualID 0x32
      depth 24, visualID 0x33
      depth 24, visualID 0x34
      depth 24, visualID 0x35
      depth 24, visualID 0x36
      depth 24, visualID 0x37
      depth 24, visualID 0x38
      depth 24, visualID 0x39
      depth 24, visualID 0x3a
      depth 24, visualID 0x3b
      depth 24, visualID 0x3c
      depth 24, visualID 0x3d
      depth 24, visualID 0x3e
      depth 24, visualID 0x22
      depth 24, visualID 0x3f
      depth 24, visualID 0x40
      depth 24, visualID 0x41
      depth 24, visualID 0x42
      depth 24, visualID 0x43
      depth 24, visualID 0x44
      depth 24, visualID 0x45
      depth 24, visualID 0x46
      depth 24, visualID 0x47
      depth 24, visualID 0x48
      depth 24, visualID 0x49
      depth 24, visualID 0x4a
      depth 24, visualID 0x4b
      depth 24, visualID 0x4c
      depth 24, visualID 0x4d
      depth 24, visualID 0x4e
      depth 24, visualID 0x4f
      depth 24, visualID 0x50
      depth 24, visualID 0x51
      depth 24, visualID 0x52
      depth 24, visualID 0x53
      depth 24, visualID 0x54
      depth 24, visualID 0x55
      depth 24, visualID 0x56
      depth 24, visualID 0x57
      depth 24, visualID 0x58
      depth 24, visualID 0x59
    number of attributes: 7
      "XV_SET_DEFAULTS" (range 0 to 0)
              client settable attribute
      "XV_ITURBT_709" (range 0 to 1)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_SYNC_TO_VBLANK" (range 0 to 1)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 1)
      "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -512 to 511)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
      "XV_CONTRAST" (range 0 to 8191)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 4096)
      "XV_SATURATION" (range 0 to 8191)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 4096)
      "XV_HUE" (range 0 to 360)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 0)
    maximum XvImage size: 2046 x 2046
    Number of image formats: 4
      id: 0x32595559 (YUY2)
        guid: 59555932-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 16
        number of planes: 1
        type: YUV (packed)
      id: 0x32315659 (YV12)
        guid: 59563132-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 12
        number of planes: 3
        type: YUV (planar)
      id: 0x59565955 (UYVY)
        guid: 55595659-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 16
        number of planes: 1
        type: YUV (packed)
      id: 0x30323449 (I420)
        guid: 49343230-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 12
        number of planes: 3
        type: YUV (planar)