[mythtv-users] Guide listing doesn't match Schedules Direct xml info

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 4 15:57:23 UTC 2009

On 04/03/2009 11:36 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Two weeks in a row the guide in Myth does not show Dollhouse at 9pm on
> Friday, following Terminator.  Instead, the Fox 29 News at 10 follows
> Terminator at 9, and the 10 to 11 timeslot says Unknown.  Almost the
> same thing happened with Hell's Kitchen, except Hell's Kitchen is
> listed as being on from 9pm to 9pm, and ends up recording 1 second.
>
> I thought it was a schedule data problem, and ended up using xmltv to
> download the raw schedule data, which does, in fact, list Dollhouse as
> being on at 9:01.  Tried refreshing with mythfilldatabase (after
> Dollhouse was over tonight).  But the guide still doesn't list it.
>
> Could this be a result of a messed up DB, or is it more likely a Myth
> bug?  Anything else I should look at?  Here's the XML data for
> Dollhouse and the shows before and after it.

I'd guess it was a transient error due to issues with the listings data
at the time that the data was loaded.  Also, note that refreshing
doesn't always work the way you'd think, so it's quite likely you didn't
refresh what you wanted.

Assuming next week (Apr 10) also shows the issue, verify the raw data,
then do:

echo "TRUNCATE TABLE program;" | mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg

then run mythfilldatabase.  At that point, you're /definitely/
refreshing that day and--assuming the raw data is correct--you'll see
it's correct in Myth, too.

The behavior you're seeing above can happen when the listings data
allows 2 programs to overlap (even by just a tiny bit)--where overlaps
are forbidden by the XMLTV data constraints--so I'm guessing there was
bad data for a while, but it was corrected by the time you downloaded
raw data.

Mike