[mythtv-users] User job runs on wrong backend

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Apr 3 23:58:03 UTC 2009

On 3 Apr 2009, at 22:36, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 04/03/2009 04:28 PM, mikp wrote:

>>> Found that and it's on already, that's why I'm running out of ideas!
>>> Checked on both backends, although I think it's a global setting.
>>>
>>> Anything else that might affect this?
>> I filed a Ticket for a similar problem with my slave backend
>> running its commflagging jobs on the master backend. Short answer:
>> "Run Jobs only on original recording backend" applies only to the
>> master BE not a slave
>
> You misunderstood the reply ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4114#comment
> :1 ).  Chris simply said that the setting for "Run Jobs only on
> original recording backend" /is/ a global setting and that means all
> backends are constrained by the setting.  You had hand-edited your
> database to put values in the settings table that tried to make the
> setting a per-host setting so you could have some hosts run jobs
> only on their own recordings while other hosts ran jobs on any
> recordings.  Chris said /that/ is not supported.
>
> So, Andre, what you're trying to do /is/ supported, but something
> about your configuration is wrong.

Ok better news,
I haven't done anything manually to the database only via the Myth
GUI, Initially I had the user jobs enabled on the master and not on
the slave but all are enabled on both now.
The master has three recordings directories in default group:
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings
/var/lib/mythtv2/recordings
/var/lib/mythtv3/recordings

The slave has one directory:
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings

It seems that the system knows which back end recorded the show as it
gives a url instead of a path for remote files
%DIR% = myth://1.2.3.4:6543/7490_200904012059.mpg instead of /var/lib/
mythtv3/recordings/ or whichever directory it is.

I'd rather not have to nuke the database as I have a few hundred
recording rules and 2.5TB of recordings I'd rather not lose track of.
Where would I go looking in the database for this stuff to check it's
not corrupted?

I've run the usual database check and extended check from MythWeb and
no problems are reported.

Thanks

Andre