[mythtv-users] Comcast & Firewire STB's without 5C/Firewire equipment

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:07:40 UTC 2009

Hi,
   If I go over to the Comcast store today and pick up a
Firewire-enabled STB (assuming they even have them) will I be able to
make it talk to MythTV without any form of 5C-enabled HD equipment?
I.e. - does the Firewire port 'just work' or does the box have to see
a Firewire-enabled TV to get them to turn it on?

   Their cost is $8/month/STB but I don't even know if it will work for me.

Thanks,
Mark