[mythtv-users] upgrading MySQL

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Apr 3 21:37:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 17:03 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Uh...  You do realize you can run mysqldump--and easily with the backup
> script--right?

Yes, and I intend to modify my backup script to do exactly that. But I
can't continuously run mysqldump, so there will always be updates that
are missed if I can't use the binary directly.

Fortunately, death of a motherboard is fairly rare :-)

> The legacy script myth.rebuilddatabase.pl will help (though its results
> aren't guaranteed, use at your own risk, etc...).

Thank you, knowing the exact script name will make it much easier to
find it. Since I now know how to rebuild the database, and the system is
not yet running in production to make any further updates to it, I have
nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

--Greg