[mythtv-users] User job runs on wrong backend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 3 21:36:26 UTC 2009

On 04/03/2009 04:28 PM, mikp wrote:

>>> In mythtv-setup:
>>>
>>> Run Jobs only on original recording backend
>>> If set, jobs in the queue will be required to run on the backend
>>> that made the original recording.
>>>
>> Found that and it's on already, that's why I'm running out of ideas!
>> Checked on both backends, although I think it's a global setting.
>>
>> Anything else that might affect this?
> I filed a Ticket for a similar problem with my slave backend running its commflagging jobs on the master backend.
> Short answer:
> "Run Jobs only on original recording backend" applies only to the master BE not a slave

You misunderstood the reply (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4114#comment:1 ).  Chris simply said
that the setting for "Run Jobs only on original recording backend" /is/
a global setting and that means all backends are constrained by the
setting.  You had hand-edited your database to put values in the
settings table that tried to make the setting a per-host setting so you
could have some hosts run jobs only on their own recordings while other
hosts ran jobs on any recordings.  Chris said /that/ is not supported.

So, Andre, what you're trying to do /is/ supported, but something about
your configuration is wrong.

Mike