[mythtv-users] ITV HD 0.21 Fixes

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:41:02 UTC 2009

Hi All,

In a nutshell - Is there anyway to get ITV HD to work on a 0.21 fixes
branch from svn?

Looking through this list I did find a mention about this ticket in
trac:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5388

Im not very good at applying patches and it seems to only be for 0.22 /
trunk. So I have not got very far also mainly because:

I have only just moved into the realms of DVB-S and am having the odd
problem with my nova card - sometimes it scans sometimes it doesn't.
I've got most of the channels I need and they seem pretty reliable
inside of myth so Im hesitant to change anything. Some problem with a
lnb overload means I have to keep an old sky set top box perm
connected / powered on. See:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus

A mysql insert query for the ITVHD channel that I could manipulate would
be welcome. Or rough idea of settings - mplexid , serviceid etc - any
other values that maybe needed. I understand that getting program data
may be a pain - I use EIT.

Also, please could someone post a quick quide on howto get something
from this channel without myth. Ie (dvb)scan (if it works) , mplayer
etc. That type of thing. Just so I can see what it looks like.

As mentioned my main backend / fe is from svn fixes - most frontends use
some sort of ubuntu package - so if I have to change any of these to
actually play the video/channel through myth Im not that worried.

Im after watching my first football (soccer if u must) match this weds.
(No im not a utd fan)

Thanks in advance.