[mythtv-users] MythWeb filename to actual filename

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 3 14:28:18 UTC 2009

On 04/03/2009 08:44 AM, David Fishburn wrote:
> How do you map this URL:
>     mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1238544000
>
> To the actual filename on the filesystem?
>
> I would have thought there would be a:
>     recordings/1010_1238544000.mpg
>
> But there isn't.

Because 1238544000 is a Unix time that needs converted to a
"Myth-format" time using the master backend's local time zone.

The /best/ way to do what you want (get a human-readable filename you
can use system tools to copy), though, is mythrename --link .
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythrename.pl .  Make sure you use --link or
it will cause problems eventually.

Then, using scp, it will copy the file referenced by the link using the
link's pretty filename.  Or, using cp, pass the --dereference (or, -L)
argument to copy the linked file using the link's pretty filename.

If copying over NFS or CIFS, you'll need to either make sure that both
the link and the reference it contains work on your local system (i.e.
need both link directory and recordings directories mounted /and/ in the
same location as on the backend(s)) or set the appropriate options on
the file server to ask it to follow links for you.

Mike