[mythtv-users] Sony Vaio, perhaps?

Daniel Dunning dan3501 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 14:21:33 UTC 2009

You're right about how difficult it can be to plan the configuration.  It just goes to demonstrate how important it is to think about everything, and underscores the importance of this list and feedback such as yours.  What a wonderful thing.  I've made the following changes to my configuration.

Asus M3N78 PRO ATX AM2 GeForce 8300 - This motherboard has the two X1 PCI slots as well as 512mb of shared video memory.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive - This is marketed specifically for video playback.  And its $10 cheaper too.

Another quick question.  I got the recommendation for two capture cards from another website. I am using Verizon Fios.  What does having two capture cards provide for me? Is this the means by which I can record two channels at once?  Is that even possible going through the STB?  Can I do this with just one card since it appears to have two TV tuners on the card itself?  I have to admit that the TV Tuner part of pulling this configuration together is really confusing to me.

Appreciate your help here, I'm looking to pull together a final shopping list soon.

Dan