[mythtv-users] database issues: 0.21 to trunk

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Apr 3 01:48:49 UTC 2009

If this should go to the dev list instead, please gently let me know. I
just started reading that list because I am building a new system from
trunk. My old system with a 3GHz Pentium 4 bit the dust, so I'm starting
over with a dual core 64-bit Athlon 4200+ . There is more total CPU
power but the individual cores are slower, so I know there's no hope of
doing HD rendering without VDPAU, hence I'm forced to go to trunk. I'm
sure I will encounter a number of issues, but the first one is the
database.

Starting up mythbackend from a terminal for the first time, it went
through the process of upgrading the schema through 15 or 20 versions.
But at the end, some tables are missing. I see missing tables in the
frontend log, and even mysqldump complains:

# mysqldump mythconverg > mythconverg.sql
mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table 'mythconverg.weatherdatalayout'
doesn't exist when using LOCK TABLES

Obviously there are some new tables; is there some way easier than
reading through all the source code that I can find out what they are?
Would it be easier to create a new database from scratch (assuming I can
find the schema someplace) and then try to add all my existing
recordings (I really don't want to lose them)?

Thanks for any pointers for where to look for info.

--Greg