[mythtv-users] Sony Vaio, perhaps?

Daniel Dunning dan3501 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 21:54:04 UTC 2009

Again, great feedback.  Based on the feedback and suggestions, I've done some research and came up with an alternative configuration that saves me some money and probably does not leave me wanting, albeit I will have to put it together.  I've come up with the following:

	* Nvidia XFX GeForce 8200 Motherboard
	* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5800+ Processor 3.0Ghz
	* Thermaltake TR2-R1 Heat Sink

	* Kingston PC6400 800MHz 4GB DDR2 Desktop Memory
	* Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS Hard Drive - 1TB

	* WinTV-HVR-1800 Hybrid Video Recorder (2)

	* FUSION V2 PC Case with IR Sensor 430W
	* Logitec Cordless Desktop S510I can get a system like for about $670 and that for the most part includes shipping and taxes.  I have an old hard 132GB HD that I can use for the OS, which will save me about $100.  Is this something that I can use for Verizon FIOS?  I know that the Nvidia GeForce 8200 mobo also includes the VDPAU integrated into it.

Thanks again.

Dan