[mythtv-users] cx88x audio problems

Juan Jesús García de Soria Lucena skandalfo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 21:21:21 UTC 2009

2009/3/13 Jim Peters <jiminycricket180 at gmail.com>:
>> Try editing the recording profiles. They may have been generated with
>> an audio sampling rate that the capture card doesn't actually support.
>> If you edit them, my experience is that they will get automatically
>> corrected to the (typically only one: 48000 Hz) sample rate that the
>> card supports and all your recordings from then on will be ok.

> I will be away from the house until tomorrow evening and I can try this, but
> I had  the card in my master backend  first with the same  problem and I
> also have a  pvr 350  in that machine, the pvr 350's  audio plays fine, so I
> am inclined to think that this may not fix it. I have been using mythtv for
> a couple years but I have never set recording profiles, can I set these per
> card? and is this something I have to setup from each frontend?

Ugh. You may have a point here.

I am not using the analog part of my HVR-1300 card anymore, so I don't
have those profiles at hand, but I remember having those problems and
solving them in that way when at first I wanted to get the analog part
working. I gave up and then we got the DTV amplifiers at my building,
and forgot about trying to get both the analog and the digital parts
together.

I know that MythTV stores different profiles for DVB encoders and for
other types of tuners. If you happen to have two cards with hardware
MPEG encoders integrated (the pvr 350 and the MPEG TV Expert) and
MythTV creates only one group for both of them, I fear you might have
a problem if both of them require incompatible settings.

I'm sorry I don't know enough about MythTV to be of more help.

Best regards,

  JJ.

--
Dream small if success is enough for you; dream big if you need to
change the world.