[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-1800 "Decoder Chip" ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 2 20:36:17 UTC 2009

I was looking at:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=5188-8538-CO-R&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-daily_html-_-02apr09_TC51-_-TC51BBuys

I see the specs list a "Conexant CX23887-14Z PCIe A/V Decoder chip"

Is this a deal like the old PVR-350, which could decode MPEG and output video?

Anybody know anything about this chip? Is it supported by Myth?

In other words, does this mean you could use this card as both capture and
video out? Would that be worth doing?

I suspect not, as I see only 1 S-Video type connector, which I take to be an
input.

The Connexant site gives me confusing info, describing it as a "capture
solution", which is not what a decoder is to me, that would be an encoder.

Maybe it's really a de-muxer for multiple streams?

I suspect it's just a poorly-worded ad.

--
beww
beww at beww.org