[mythtv-users] Much improved 1080i display

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:35:52 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/3 Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>:
> I think that's as I would expect. I don't have an HD TV or any HD
> sources to test with, but I believe Tom has his system set up to
> use several display modes, matching them to the source. So you'd
> need to make it use the 1080i mode only for 1080i content, and
> you'd need a 576i mode more 576i content. That's assuming you
> can send 576i via the input of the TV that you've chosen to use.
> My guess would be that HDMI and DVI inputs can accept 576i, but
> I've never tried it.

Well, watching 1080i content with Interlaced 2X ; it looks fantastic...

Watching basketball right now, the ball motion is really good.
With VDPAU (Temporal Spatial 1X) and TV set to 1080p the motion of the
ball is nowhere near as good
With VDPAU however, the image is much sharper

hard choice ...

Unfortunately, mythtv doesn't let you set a specific video resolution
based on the video being interlaced or not... Will have to work on
that ...