[mythtv-users] Router problem (thought it was solved, but..)

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Apr 1 23:40:23 UTC 2009

Well, I had started a thread recently where my router would die after a day
or so, and I changed my web GUI password and it hasn't since; however, not I
cannot access my browser's GUI. I am using a Linksys WRT54GS v5, I had that
most recent firmware. I just did a power cycle, a reset (pen to little
circular reset button on the back of the router), still no go. I checked my
default gateway, it is still 192.168.1.1, nothing has changed. I can access
the net just fine, as well as all 4 boxes in the house (whether
rdesktop/ssh).

I'm a bit perplexed here, and I was googling noticing some suggested a "DNS
flush" but I don't know how to do that in ye ol linux. I saw one blog that
said to restart the "ncsd" daemon but I do not have a daemon as such, and
figured before I go causing more havoc than necessary I'd ask the experts :)

Thanks for any help
Bob