[mythtv-users] Syncing to VBlank + Yadif(2x) = cpu at 100%

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:22:43 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/2 Cory H <coryhoneyman at hotmail.com>:

> Yes, sorry, its xorg thats using very high cpu.
>
> I would need to go to 0.22 to get VDPAU (right?), and I need a nice stable
> mythtv box (high WAF), so I will wait to upgrade. I can't wait though. I am
> looking forward to using VDPAU, as well as the new UI.

No you don't have to..

I've backported VDPAU to 0.21 ; you can probably find pre-compiled
packages with VDPAU supports.
For Fedora/Mythdora/CentOS, use the ATrpms mythtv "bijou" packages,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/12390#12390

For Ubuntu/Mythbuntu, you can use my packages:
http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html

> I will give the OpenGL renderer a try, and see how that works. Thanks
The VDPAU backport also adds extra deinterlacers for OpenGL written by
Mark Kendall, they are the best next thing after VDPAU IMO. They work
really well.

Jean-Yves