[mythtv-users] Syncing to VBlank + Yadif(2x) = cpu at 100%

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:51:31 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/2 Cory H <coryhoneyman at hotmail.com>:
> Thanks, but as mentioned, I think thats only for VDPAU, which I am not
> using.
>
> I will try it anyways though.
>
> So, anybody else got any ideas? I can't seem to find anything about this, so
> maybe it is even normal?
>
> Can somebody else confirm this to be true or not?

I've seen this 100% issue happening when using Xv and that screen rate
match exactly the framerate ; you then see X using 100% of the CPU
time ; that's a nvidia bugs supposed to be helped with "UseEvents"
"True", in the device configuration.
This didn't work for me however and I fixed it using OpenGL renderer
instead of Xv.

You didn't state BTW what's using 100% of the CPU time, I would assume it's X.

However, why don't you use VDPAU on your system (it supports it)? IMO,
the VDPAU deinterlacers (Advanced or Temportal) gives much better
result than even Yadif.