[mythtv-users] OT: Comcast in the SF SouthBay

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:10:01 UTC 2009

I got my letter today. They sure are sneaky. Check out the text:

"Comcast is Enhancing Its Network

In the coming months, we at Comcast are enhancing our network to bring
the Bay Area the  "World of More." This means that soon we'll be
delivering even more channels exclusively in digital format. Channels
2-34 will not be affected."

As stated earlier here, those of us with analog 2-82 will have to
update to "World of More" to continue to receive channels such as FX,
Food Network, etc.
as stated here:

"Our goal is to make it easy for all our customers to experience this
network enhancement at no additional cost. As a Standard Cable
customer, you may need some additional equipment to be able to enjoy
this new level of service....."

Ok, my question: What do I need buy/upgrade/install  to record this
new World of More? I've been using PVR250 which can switch channels.
Now I'll need something else. Who has been successful with comcast's
boxes - which I think are those small ones w/o much do-dads on them.

--
Brad Fuller