[mythtv-users] OT: OTA CBS in Chicago?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:04:22 UTC 2009

Thanks for the insight, everyone. Looks like you can't get them
without a big roof-mount antenna, at least until June.

They sent a FAQ, attached, and wrote back this:

Hi Dewey,

 Thank you for your recent inquiry.  On June 12th we will begin
transmitting on VHF channel 12 from Sears (Willis) Tower, and doubling
the output power, after that date if you are still experiencing problems
please get back to me for additional assistance.

 We currently transmit on VHF channel 3. You require a Roof Mounted
UHF/VHF antenna with 8-10' long elements, in good working order.  Small
plastic antennas or rabbit ears will not work for our current frequency.

 If you go to:starkelectronic.com you can find winegard antennas there.

 Sincerely,

Paul S. Rodriguez
 WBBM-TV Chicago

Seems odd, but there you go.

If anyone is getting WBBM in Chicago, how are you doing it?