[mythtv-users] Syncing to VBlank + Yadif(2x) = cpu at 100%

Cory H coryhoneyman at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:41:46 UTC 2009

I have been trying to figure out why playback of SD material (mpeg2 from pvr-150/350) pegs one core at 100% on my intel e8400 core duo2.

I traced it back to the XVideo syncing to VBlank with a 2x deinterlacer, like Yadif(2x).

If I use yadif with xv sync on, cpu is low.
If I use yadif(2x) with xv sync on, cpu is 100% (starts low, then after a couple seconds, jumps)
If I use yadif(2X) with xv xync off, cpu is low, but video is tearing.

Here is my specs

Mythtv 0.21 (mythdora install, 64bit)
CPU Intel E8400 Core Duo 2 (3Ghz)
GPU Nvidia 8400GS (256mb)
Drivers Nvidia 180.29
Display VGA to 1920x1080x60hz TV
NTSC mpeg2 videos (29.97fps)

Is this a bug in the drivers? Or playback issues? Or what?

Oh, and UseEvents "True" in xorg.conf already.

Thanks

Windows Live Messenger makes it easier to stay in touch - learn how!